Switch is a fast-moving, fast-growing, dynamic company looking for smart, hard-working people to deliver the best possible experience and level of service for its customers.
Posted on April 7, 2017
Switch is looking for an experienced telecommunications Junior Account Executive to join our rapidly growing sales team!
As a Junior Account Executive, you will be presented with an ample amount of growth opportunities to build a successful career. If you are a results-driven, committed and diligent Account Executive with a passion to enhance the lives of clients you work with, Switch wants to hear from you!
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Hunt to capitalize on sales opportunities in your territory
• Draft, negotiate and present contracts
• Identify, research and analyze potential growth opportunities in new and existing verticals
• Maintain a database of key contacts, activities and opportunities through a CRM tool
• Create a great first impression to prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience
• Work with the sales team to develop new strategies to grow sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals
• Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis
• Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
Qualifications and Experience:
• 1+ years Sales / Business Development experience
• Ability to work in a team environment
• A high standard of accountability and quality control
• A successful demonstrated track record for the development and performance of all sales activities within a designated market area
• Bilingual or multilingual proficiency is an asset
As a Junior Account Executive, base salary will be competitive and in line with industry norms. Your income will be supplemented with a generous commission/bonus structure and your earnings will not be capped. Given the sales figures for many oil & gas contracts, Switch Account Executives can make at least six figures and potentially seven if performance warrants.
Posted on December 1, 2016
Switch is looking for telecommunications field technicians for temporary/contract work. Areas where the work would be performed include Alberta and British Columbia, Saskatchewan and potentially Manitoba. Transportation would be provided as well as room and board while on the job site(s).
What does a technician at Switch do? They are the troops on the ground that install, maintain, repair and deliver our phone, internet, surveillance and television services to our many valued clients. They are the face of the company and are our primary representatives to both end clients as well as the people for whom our clients work. This means that a positive attitude, an excellent work ethic, an ability to remain calm under pressure and the capacity to work unsupervised in sometimes harsh conditions are qualities that will go a long way to getting you the job.
The position of Field Technician involves pulling/running cable, installing wireless access points, splitters, boosters or whatever the job requires. Field Technicians are supported by the Operations and Engineering teams.
Skills we require are listed below (but depending on your other skills, we might be able to overlook any that are lacking):
• Knowledge of running & terminating telco cabling of types such as coax (RG-6 & RG-11), cat5e, cat 6, fiber optic, twisted pair copper, and troubleshooting steps and procedures for each.
• You like to leave a job looking nice and tidy. You see every installation as a work of art!
• Familiarity with testing devices and administration consoles (both software and web-based)
• Expert computer user (we want power users!)
• Hard worker
• You have the capacity to learn on the job and get creative with solutions to problems
• Experience with RF, microwave and AWP certification considered an asset.
Safety is a high priority at Switch, and all technicians will be expected to not only receive and pass safety training from Switch and other organizations, but to also routinely and diligently file safety reports and adhere to the policies which are put in place to protect you and other workers around you.
You must have a valid Alberta driver’s license and be drug-free, as many of our work sites require drug tests prior to arriving and working on the premises.
You must also be able to lift up to 75 lbs, climb ladders, work at heights, crawl under buildings (safety training will be provided for everything), and be ready to work in rain or shine (or the freezing cold!).
If you think you would be the perfect person for this position, don’t wait to get a hold of us. We are looking for awesome people NOW. Email us your letter of introduction and your resume and we will get back to you right away.
We can’t wait to meet you…adventure awaits!
High school or equivalent
Telecommunications: 3 years
Required license or certification:
Drivers License (Class 5)
Switch COO Aaron Hokanson was interviewed by Rob Hislop of Ikan Media (www.ikanmedia.tv) at the 2016 Global Petroleum Show in Calgary, Alberta. Aaron and Rob talk about what Switch offers to remote workplaces as well as how technology is...Read More